Research and development:
- Researcher ID: A-9427-2009
- Orcid: orcid.org/0000-0002-0441-9402
- IEEE member.
- Research interests:
- Reconfigurable Computing and FPGAs.
- Optimization and Computational Intelligence.
- Wireless Communications.
- Machine Learning. Data Analytics.
- 26 R+D+i projects (international, national and regional) and 6 R+D+i contracts.
- Research management: 3 R+D+i projects, 1 research groups, and 3 entities.
- 3 six-year research periods recognized by national government.
- Evaluation of 9 research projects for european funding agencies.
- Evaluation of 38 research projects for spanish funding agencies.
- Reviewer for 43 international journals.
- Reviewer for 20 conferences (10 of them, international).
- 49 program committee and editorial boards (17 international); 5 organizing committee (2 international); 4 chairman.
- Membership of national and international research groups: ARCO (Computer Architecture and Logic Design, Spain), CIIC-CIO (Center for research in Informatics and Communications, Computational Intelligence and Optimization Lab, Portugal), HCIS (Health Computing and Intelligent Systems, Spain).
- Membership of societies and networks: IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers), ECCO (European Chapter on Combinatorial Optimization), SCS (Society for Computer Simulation), PROMETEO, Red-Heur, National e-Science Network (Spain), etc.
- Chair of IEEE Spain SIGHT (Special Interest Group on Humanitarian Technology) and member of IEEE-Spain board.
- Founder of spin-off SENSOLOG S.L.
- Stays at École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (Switzerland), IPL, IPCB (Portugal), PUCV (Chile).
- 7 research and mobility grants.
- 73 journal papers (60 with impact factor).
- 99 book chapters (85 of them, international).
- 290 conference communications (157 of them, international).
- Edition of 15 journals and books (11 of them, international).
- 2 conference awards.
- 17 subjects in 9 degrees/masters since 1992 in several universities: University Complutense of Madrid, University of Extremadura, Universtity of Leon.
- Director of 5 PhD thesis and 3 in progress.
- Director of 34 degree and 14 master final projects.
- 24 teaching innovation projects.
- Attending 26 courses to improve teaching and scientific competences.
- 6 courses given for teacher training, 3 teaching publications and 7 tutorials for companies.
- 13 conference presentations about teaching improvement.
- Examiner of 18 PhD thesis, 31 master thesis, 46 degree projects, and 10 teaching positions.
- ERASMUS teaching stays in 2 international universities.
- Visiting professor at PUCV (Chile).
- Other: 5 five-year teaching periods recognized by universities; maximum score for teaching quality; director of international summer courses, invited talks and round-tables; management of labs and donations; teaching activities in government institutions.
- Executive secretary of Dep. of Computer Sciences, UEX (6 years).
- Coordinator of university degrees and masters.
- Organizer of 5 seminars and conferences.