- Ids: Researcher ID: A-9427-2009 / Orcid: orcid.org/0000-0002-0441-9402 .
- Research interests: Reconfigurable and Embedded Computing based on FPGAs
/ Optimization and Evolutionary Computing. Computational Intelligence
/ Wireless Communications
/ Machine Learning. Data Analytics.
- 26 R+D+i projects and 10 R+D+i contracts.
- Research management: 4 R+D+i projects, 1 research groups, and 1companies.
- 3 six-year research periods recognized by national government.
- Evaluation of 9 / research projects for european / spanish funding agencies.
- Reviewer for 44 international journals and 20 conferences (10 of them, international).
- 56 program committee (22 international); 5 organizing committee (2 international); 3 chairman.
- Member of 4 research groups, 4 research societies, and 3 research networks.
- IEEE senior member, IEEE Spain board, and chair of IEEE SIGHT Spain (Special Interest Group on Humanitarian Technology).
- Member of 2 scientific organization boards and 6 journal editorial boards.
- Founder of spin-off SENSOLOG S.L.
- Stays at École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (Switzerland), IPL, IPCB (Portugal).
- 7 research and mobility grants.
- 77 journal papers (63 with impact factor).
- 105 book chapters (89 of them, international).
- 294 conference communications (160 of them, international).
- Edition of 20 journals and books (16 of them, international).
- 2 conference awards.
- 7 other research dissemination activities.
- 17 subjects in 9 degrees/masters since 1992 in several universities: University of Extremadura, University Complutense of Madrid, Universtity of Leon, PUCV (Chile), IPL (Portugal) and IPCB (Portugal).
- Director of 6 PhD thesis and 3 in progress.
- Director of 35 degree and 15 master final projects.
- 25 teaching innovation projects.
- Attending 27 courses, seminars and workshos to improve teaching and scientific competences.
- 6 courses given for teacher training, 3 teaching publications and 7 tutorials for companies.
- 13 conference presentations about teaching improvement.
- Member of 111 exam boards: 20 PhD thesis, 31 master thesis, 50 degree projects, and 10 teaching positions.
- ERASMUS teaching stays in 2 foreign universities.
- Other: 5 five-year teaching periods recognized by universities; maximum score for teaching quality; director of international summer courses, invited talks and round-tables; management of labs and donations; teaching activities in government institutions.
- Director of the Department of Technologies of Computers and Communications, UEX.
- Executive secretary of the Dep. of Computer Sciences, UEX (6 years).
- Coordinator of university degrees and masters.
- Member of several university committees.
- Organizer of 5 seminars and conferences.