Research and development:
- Researcher ID: A-9427-2009
- Orcid: orcid.org/0000-0002-0441-9402
- IEEE member.
- Research interests:
- Reconfigurable Computing and FPGAs.
- Optimization and Computational Intelligence.
- Machine Learning. Data Analytics.
- Wireless Communications.
- 26 R+D+i projects (international, national and regional) and 6 R+D+i contracts.
- Research management: 3 R+D+i projects, 1 research groups, and 3 entities.
- 3 six-year research periods recognized by national government.
- Evaluation of 9 research projects for european funding agencies.
- Evaluation of 38 research projects for spanish funding agencies.
- Reviewer for 43 international journals.
- Reviewer for 20 conferences (10 of them, international).
- 54 program committee and editorial boards (21 international); 5 organizing committee (2 international); 5 chairman.
- Membership of national and international research groups: ARCO (Computer Architecture and Logic Design, Spain), CIIC-CIO (Center for research in Informatics and Communications, Computational Intelligence and Optimization Lab, Portugal), HCIS (Health Computing and Intelligent Systems, Spain).
- External Advisory Board member of "R&D Unit in Digital Services, Applications and Content (DISAC)". IPCB (Portugal)
- Membership of societies and networks: IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers), ECCO (European Chapter on Combinatorial Optimization), SCS (Society for Computer Simulation), PROMETEO, Red-Heur, National e-Science Network (Spain), etc.
- Chair of IEEE Spain SIGHT (Special Interest Group on Humanitarian Technology) and member of IEEE-Spain board.
- Founder of spin-off SENSOLOG S.L.
- Stays at École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (Switzerland), IPL, IPCB (Portugal), PUCV (Chile).
- 7 research and mobility grants.
- 77 journal papers (63 with impact factor).
- 103 book chapters (87 of them, international).
- 294 conference communications (160 of them, international).
- Edition of 18 journals and books (14 of them, international).
- 2 conference awards.
- Detailed list of all these papers.
- Profiles in databases: Scopus - Google Scholar.
- 17 subjects in 9 degrees/masters since 1992 in several universities: University Complutense of Madrid, University of Extremadura, Universtity of Leon.
- Director of 6 PhD thesis and 3 in progress.
- Director of 35 degree and 15 master final projects.
- 26 teaching innovation projects.
- Attending 25 courses to improve teaching and scientific competences.
- 6 courses given for teacher training, 3 teaching publications and 7 tutorials for companies.
- 13 conference presentations about teaching improvement.
- Examiner of 19 PhD thesis, 31 master thesis, 49 degree projects, and 10 teaching positions.
- ERASMUS teaching stays in 2 international universities.
- Visiting professor at PUCV (Chile).
- Other: 5 five-year teaching periods recognized by universities; maximum score for teaching quality; director of international summer courses, invited talks and round-tables; management of labs and donations; teaching activities in government institutions.
- Director of Dep. of Technologies of Computers and Communications, UEX.
- Executive secretary of Dep. of Computer Sciences, UEX (6 years).
- Coordinator of university degrees and masters.
- Organizer of 5 seminars and conferences.